Childbirth marks a time of transition and transformation, a remarkable and personal journey. Every individual and family deserves access to tailored support and care, emotional and physical comfort, advocacy, as well as evidence-based information during pregnancy and labor. As a DONA Certified Birth Doula, my intention is to foster a safe and empowering birth environment, encouraging individuals to draw on their own inner wisdom, intuition, and strength to prepare for the childbirth experience or the role of birth partner. As a doula I am one member of the birth support team; I do not replace the special and unique relationship between partners.
Birth Doula services may include but are not limited to:
- Complimentary initial consultation via phone or in-person
- 2-4 prenatal appointments (time allowing)
- Assistance developing a birth plan
- Access to my lending library
- Individualized recommendations for reading, viewing, and childbirth education
- Unlimited phone and email support throughout pregnancy and immediate postpartum
- 24 hour on-call two weeks before and after your due date
- Reassurance of a backup doula
- Continuity of care once active labor begins
- 2-3 postpartum visits
- Support processing your birth experience
- Lactation counseling if desired
- Referrals to local resources and services
I am also a Yoga Birth Method Certified Doula. Yoga Birth Method offers an 8-step pathway that empowers individuals through a mindful birth experience.
Doula services are available across the full spectrum of reproductive experience, including pregnancy termination or loss.
Please contact me for rates. Birth and Postpartum Doula packages are available. Doula services are available on a sliding scale.